Board of Directors & Staff
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce advances economic growth and prosperity in our community.
Program of Work Fiscal Year 2017-18
Delivering mission-critical programs and services
The Board of Directors evaluates operational and fiscal policy, programs, services, and strategic alignment with stakeholder expectations annually through a strategic planning process. The Annual Program of Work identifies measurable goals and strategies around the five tenets of Membership, Economic Development, Community, Advocacy and Governance. FY2017-18 Goals and Outcomes are summarized below.
Encourage membership and retention through innovative programs, services and benefits.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Sam Abrahani
- Grow membership by net 2.0%.
- Achieve annual retention rate of 85%.
- Increase member investor package purchases by 50%.
- Board members shall participate in at least one committee, attend one program or function per month, and attend/sponsor or volunteer for one of the major fundraising events: Annual Banquet, Golf Tournament or BBQ & Blues.
Economic Development Goals
Position the greater Zephyrhills area as the preferred location for business growth in East Pasco County.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Skip Skairus
- Support small business owners and new business growth through one new Business Retention and Expansion Program and development of one new Service Line.
- Develop a strategic plan to improve vocational education in Zephyrhills.
- Position the chamber as the premier service provider for small business.
Community Outreach Goals
Enhance the quality of life in the greater Zephyrhills community through leadership, programs and fundraising.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Vicky Jones
- Deliver two programs that encourage local youth citizenship, leadership and community service.
- Fund and award $5,000 in scholarships to local youth.
- Encourage and develop future leaders, skilled and educated workforce.
The Chamber will maintain exceptional operational policies and procedures based on best practices nonprofit standards
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Melonie Monson
- Update the policies and procedures handbook for all positions (employed and volunteer) to include cross-training and/or staff education plan.
- 75 members and 15 board members will participate and be engaged in Committees.
- Continue to train staff in and give quality service in visitor’s center.
Provide membership awareness by tracking and addressing issues affecting members on city, county and state levels.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: David West
- Tag items that impact business. Provide useful information to members regarding relevant proposals via literature and/or forums.
- Act as your eyes and ears to identify, research, scrutinize and communicate key legislative issues that may impact members business.
- Meet with elected officials to share our views, influence the introduction, enactment or modification of policy, and ask for their support to ensure a business-friendly environment and the opportunity for economic development.
- The committee will participate in planning and executing Summit and Forums.
Marketing & Events Coordinator