The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce advances economic growth and prosperity in our community.
Program of Work Fiscal Year 2018-19
Delivering mission-critical programs and services
The Board of Directors evaluates operational and fiscal policy, programs, services, and strategic alignment with stakeholder expectations annually through a strategic planning process. The Annual Program of Work identifies measurable goals and strategies around the four tenets of Membership, Economic Development and Government Affairs, Community, and Governance. FY2017-18 Goals and Outcomes are summarized below
Encourage membership and retention through innovative programs, services and benefits.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Sam Abrahani
- Grow membership by net 3.0%
- Achieve annual retention rate of 85%
- Increase member investor package purchases by 50%
- Board members shall participate in at least one committee, attend one program or function per month, and attend/sponsor or volunteer for one of the major fundraising events: Annual Banquet, Golf Tournament or BBQ & Blues
Economic Development and Government Affairs Goals
Position the greater Zephyrhills area as the preferred location for business growth in East Pasco County.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Skip Skairus
- Support small business owners and new business growth through one new Business Retention and Expansion Program and development of one new Service Line
- Develop a strategic plan to improve vocational education in Zephyrhills
- Position the chamber as the premier service provider for small
Community Outreach Goals
Enhance the quality of life in the greater Zephyrhills community through leadership, programs and fundraising.
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Vicky Jones
- Deliver two programs that encourage local youth citizenship, leadership and community service
- Fund and award $5,000 in scholarships to local youth
- Evaluate establishment of one future
leadersor mentoring program
The Chamber will maintain exceptional operational policies and procedures based on best practices nonprofit standards
Board Liaison & Committee Chair: Melonie Monson
- Update the policies and procedures handbook for all positions (employed and volunteer) to include cross-training and/or staff education plan.
- 75 members and 15 board members will participate and be engaged in Committees
- Create a new Customer Services Position to support Business & Visitors Center operations